PSYC 341 Chapter Notes - Chapter 2: Hypothalamus, Muscle Tone, Skeletal Muscle

58 views5 pages
16 Feb 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

The small branching structures at the rip of axons. It will fit into only one kind of harbor on the receiving neuron (a) receptor site (i) A part of dendrite one a receiving neuron that is structured to receive a neurotransmitter (f) when released, some molecules of neurotransmitter reach port at receptor sites of other neurons (i) Irregularities in the workings of neurotransmitter systems in the brain play important roles in the development of abnormal behavior patterns: neurotransmitter functions and relationships with abnormal. Behavior pattern (1) acetylcholine (a) function (i) control of muscle contractions and formation of memories (b) association with abnormal behavior (i) reduces levels found in patients with. Irregularities linked with mood disorders such as depression (4) serotonin (a) regulation of mood states, satiety and sleep (i) Pons (a) transmit information about body movement and is involved in functions related to attention, sleep and respiration (iii) cerebellum (a) regulares balance and motor (muscle) balance (i)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers