SMG OM 323 Chapter Notes - Chapter ch4 and 9: Interchangeable Parts, Quality Management, Iso 9000

25 views13 pages

Document Summary

Cradle-to-grave assessment life cycle analysis assessment of the environmental impact of a product or service throughout its useful life, focusing on such factors as global warming, smog formation, oxygen depletion, and solid waste generation. For products, cradle-to-grave a(cid:374)alysis takes i(cid:374)to a(cid:272)(cid:272)ou(cid:374)t i(cid:373)pa(cid:272)ts i(cid:374) eve(cid:396)y phase of a p(cid:396)odu(cid:272)t"s life cycle, from raw material extraction or the growing and harvesting, th(cid:396)ough fa(cid:271)(cid:396)i(cid:272)atio(cid:374) of pa(cid:396)ts, o(cid:396) othe(cid:396) p(cid:396)o(cid:272)esses to (cid:272)(cid:396)eate the p(cid:396)odu(cid:272)t"s useful life. Goal: to choose products and services that have the least environmental impact while still taking into account economic considerations. End-of-life programs deal with products that have reached the end of their useful lives. Goal: to reduce the dumping of products, particularly electronic equipment, in landfills or third world countries. Reduce: value analysis examination of the function of parts and materials in an effort to reduce the cost and /or improve the performance of a product.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers