PSYCH 1 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6.2: Classical Conditioning, Fokker E.Ii, Reinforcement

50 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Operant conditioning: thorndike and operant conditioning: subject operates on the environment to produce an outcome a. Learning curve: a graph of the changes in behavior that occur over the course of learning a. i. Learning occurs because certain behaviors are strengthened at the expense of others: reinforcement: process of increasing the future probability of the most recent response c. Law of effect: you are more likely to repeat the responses that led to favorable consequences even if you do not know why. Instrumental conditioning: subject"s behavior is instrumental in producing the outcome d: operant and instrumental conditioning: process of changing behavior by providing a reinforce after a response e. i. Operant: subject"s behavior produces an outcome that affects future behavior. Skeletal responses: movements of leg muscles, arm muscles, e. i. 1. etc e. ii. Classical conditioning: subject"s behavior has no effect on the outcome (the presentation of either the cs or the ucs) e. ii. 1.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers