ACC 4100 Chapter Notes - Chapter 5-2: Equity Method, Retained Earnings, Financial Statement

45 views2 pages

Document Summary

Intra entity gp is still in inventory account. Profit adj. downstream sales when parent uses equity method: original transfer downstream (made by parent, parent uses equity method, the(cid:374) i(cid:374)vest(cid:373)e(cid:374)t i(cid:374) su(cid:271) repla(cid:272)es pare(cid:374)t"s beg. Therefore, (cid:271)oth the pare(cid:374)t"s (cid:374)et i(cid:374)(cid:272)o(cid:373)e a(cid:374)d retai(cid:374)ed ear(cid:374)i(cid:374)gs appropriately reflect consolidated balances. 810-10-45-18 of the fasb asc states: the amount of intra-entity profit or loss to be eliminated in accordance with paragraph 810-10-45-1 is not affected by the existence of a noncontrolling interest. The complete elimination of the intra-entity income or loss is consistent with the underlying assumption that consolidated financial statements represent the financial position and operating results of a single economic entity. Vi. if the parent had applied the partial equity method in its internal records, little would change in the consolidation processes previously described for the equity method. The primary change would involve inclusion of a consolidation entry *c.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers