SOSC 1350 Chapter Notes - Chapter 11: Haredi Judaism, Halakha, Ketuvim

60 views4 pages

Document Summary

Earliest jewish history: the biblical story: hebrew bible is known as tanakh, the hebrew bible is divided into 3 sections, torah: is a hebrew word that has two meaning. In its broad sense it designates the law or instruction of god. Is a another way of referring to the hebrew bible: ne(cid:448)i"i(cid:373): is the he(cid:271)re(cid:449) (cid:449)ord for prophets. Su(cid:272)h as moses prophet: ketuvim: contains a variety of material including songs, prayers ans wisdom literature and some historical text. The reaction of humanity: there are two different accounts in the hebrew bible of the creation of human kind, man and women are created at exactly the same and in the same time. The origins of israel, hebrew, jew and semitic. Israel: ter(cid:373) israel (cid:272)o(cid:373)es fro(cid:373) the story i(cid:374) (cid:449)hi(cid:272)h a(cid:271)raha(cid:373)"s gra(cid:374)dso(cid:374) ja(cid:272)o(cid:271) (cid:449)restled (cid:449)ith a divine being: hebrew bible is hebrew and jew. In modern day the term hebrew is reserved for languages.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers