POLS 4440 Chapter Notes - Chapter 10: Indo-Pacific

76 views1 pages

Document Summary

Formal enshrinement of the indo-pacific as a unified strategic theater in the u. s. national security. The development was arguably the result of the growing realization in washington, d. c. , and other capitals that it cannot be business-as-usual going forward with china, given its increasingly assertive foreign policy since 2013. The expansive maritime space that is the indo-pacific, per the u. s. definition, includes the pacific and part of the i(cid:374)dia(cid:374) o(cid:272)ea(cid:374), up to i(cid:374)dia"s wester(cid:374) (cid:272)oastli(cid:374)e. Thesis as we argue in this article, while india endorses the idea of the indo-pacific rhetorically, three issues prevent actual operationalization of the concept for new delhi. China relations further (cid:272)o(cid:374)tri(cid:271)utes to i(cid:374)dia"s reti(cid:272)e(cid:374)(cid:272)e to play a larger a(cid:374)d (cid:373)ore ro(cid:271)ust role i(cid:374) regional security: west divergent indian and american positions in the western indian ocean, in particular on. Pakistan and iran, prevent the creation of a unified cohesive view of the indo-pacific that both countries share.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers