KINE 2011 Chapter 8.6: Pathogens vs phagocytes

11 views3 pages

Document Summary

The are antigen cells of immune system. Main function is to process antigen material & present it on surface to t-cells of immune system. A(cid:272)t as (cid:373)esse(cid:374)ger"s (cid:271)/t i(cid:374)(cid:374)ate & adaptive i(cid:373)(cid:373)u(cid:374)e syste(cid:373)s. Dendritic cells are present in those tissues that are in contact with external environment & inner lining such as skin, nose, lungs, stomach & intestines. They are found in immature state in blood. Once activated, they move to lymph nodes where they interact with tcells & b cells to initate & shape adaptive immune response. They"re sig(cid:374)alli(cid:374)g protei(cid:374)s (cid:373)ade & released (cid:271)y host (cid:272)ells i(cid:374) respo(cid:374)se to prese(cid:374)(cid:272)e of pathogens- bacteria, viruses, parasites & tumor. They belong to large class of proteins called cytokines molecules used for communication b/t cells to trigger protective defenses of immune system. Activate immune cells such as nk cells & macrophages. Increase host defenses by increases expression of mhc. Symptoms like infections, fever, muscle pain are caused by production of.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers