ADMS 2610 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6: Deontological Ethics, Fiduciary

47 views3 pages

Document Summary

Professional client relationship: how it arises. A person with special skills not possessed by most individuals. These special skills distinguish professionals from others. Usually has an accompanying professional body (self-regulating body) A system of accreditation, educational and training. Protection of the public by ensuring professionals are licensed and qualified. Professional associations ensure the above: right to revoke or prevent a member from practicing, establish standards of competence, review membership conduct and practice complaints, often provide negligence insurance to their members. By contract: contractual duty of professional to perform services, negligent performance is a breach of contract. Duty to pla(cid:272)e a (cid:272)lie(cid:374)t"s i(cid:374)terests a(cid:271)o(cid:448)e the professio(cid:374)al"s o(cid:449)(cid:374) i(cid:374)terests. Professionals must perform their duty according to the accepted industry standards. Held to the standard of a professional. Professional must perform their duties according to the standard of skill, knowledge, and judgment of a professional of like training and experience. Industry standards established by expert opinion (i. e. peers)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers