EC140 Chapter Notes - Chapter 34: Capital Account, Capital Outflow, The Canadian Press

43 views4 pages
14 Nov 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor
meghan78 and 39778 others unlocked
EC140 Full Course Notes
EC140 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
21 documents

Document Summary

Balance of payment accounts (record of transactions with rest of the world: buying and selling of goods and services and assets, buying is seen as a debit (negative number) collection. The current account is divided into two main sections: Trade account: records transactions arising from trade in goods and services. Exports and imports of goods and services i. e. the export of canada goose coats to the us credit item (positive) Exports and imports of goods and services i. e. the export of canada goose coats to the us credit item (positive) i. e. the imports of bmw cars from germany debit item (negative) Capital-service account: records net investment income earned from foreign assets. i. e. dividends on a u. s. company (facebook) paid to a canadian credit item (positive) Foreign exchange market: exchange rate is the number of units of domestic currency required to purchase one unit of foreign currency.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers