Psychology 1000 Chapter Notes - Chapter 13: Practical Reason, Murder Of Kitty Genovese, Physical Attractiveness

33 views14 pages
abdullah32 and 39352 others unlocked
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
111 documents

Document Summary

Scientific study of how individuals feel, think and behave in the presence of others (actual or implied) Attribution: perceiving the causes of behavior judgments about the causes of our own and other people"s behavior and outcomes: easy test vs hard work, we are sometimes biased and make errors. Personal (internal) attributions caused by their traits and personality: i got an a on the test because of my hard work. Situational (external) attributions caused by other factors (eg. situation: i got an a on the test because it was an easy test. 3 types of information determine the attribution we make: consistency, distinctiveness, and consensus is the information consistent over time? (yes high consistency) Or does she hate all courses (yes high distinctiveness) Do other students agree with the information? (yes consensus is high: when all are high, we are likely to make a situational attribution.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers