Psychology 1000 Chapter Notes - Chapter 12: Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, Prenatal Development, Teratology

35 views2 pages
abdullah32 and 39352 others unlocked
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
111 documents

Document Summary

Nature vs nurture: basically a discussion of genetics versus learning. Do genetics determine how smart or talented we will be or can we learn to be talented and intelligent: debate has gone on for ages, the best answer is really that its both. Development really depends on both genetics and the way you are brought up: nature determines range of possibilities and nurture directs the specific choice you take. My genetics say i will be tall or short, but my upbringing determines whether i will be 5"10 or 6"2 if im supposed to be tall. Prenatal development: general sequence of development. Critical period is the age range in which experience must occur for development to preceed normally or along a certain path. Sensitive period is the optimal age range for certain experiences, but if these experiences occur at a later time, development normally will still be possible: effect of teratogens. Environmental agents that result in abnormal development.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers