Psychology 1000 Chapter 13: Chapter 13.docx

39 views11 pages
abdullah32 and 39352 others unlocked
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
111 documents

Document Summary

How we think about and perceive our social world = social thinking and social perception. How other people influence our behaviour = social influence. How we behave toward other people = social relations. Attributions: judges about the causes of our own and other people"s behaviour and outcomes. Attributions influence our subsequent behaviour and emotions. If i attribute my a to hard work and ability, i will feel greater pride and continue to exert more effort than if i attribute it to an easy test. Fritz heider, a pioneer of attribution theory, maintained that our attempts to understand why people behave as they do typically involve either personal attributions or situational attributions. Personal (internal) attributions: infer that people"s behaviour is caused by their characteristics. Bill insulted carl because bill is a rude person. Situational (external) attributions: infer that the aspects of a situation cause a behaviour. 3 types of information determine the attribution we make: consistency, distinctiveness, consensus.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers