Biology 1225 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Carl Linnaeus, Archaea, Eukaryote

129 views7 pages

Document Summary

1. 2 life is more than the sun and its parts. All living things require ongoing inputs of energy and raw material. Nutrient: organism needs for growth and survival but cannot make for itself. Source of energy and type of nutrients differs among organisms. Producer: makes own food using energy and simple raw materials it obtains from nonbiological sources (ie. plants = producers) Photosynthesis: sunlight energy to make sugars from water and co2. Consumers: cannot make own food, gets energy and nutrient from other organisms (ie. animals and decomposers = consumers, lefto(cid:448)ers fro(cid:373) (cid:272)o(cid:374)su(cid:373)er"s (cid:373)eals back into environment & serve as nutrients for producers. Every living thing = ability to sense and respond to change both inside and outside itself. All fluids i(cid:374) outside of (cid:272)ells = (cid:271)ody"s i(cid:374)ter(cid:374)al e(cid:374)(cid:448)iro(cid:374)(cid:373)e(cid:374)t. Must be kept at certain ranges of temp. I(cid:374)fo i(cid:374) orga(cid:374)is(cid:373)"s dna guides ongoing functs. that sustain the individ thru its lifetime: development, 1st cell of new individ multicelled adult, growth.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers