AFM280 Chapter Notes - Chapter 12: Organizational Commitment, Job Performance, Centrality

37 views4 pages

Document Summary

Power the ability to influence the behaviour of others and resist unwanted influence in return. So(cid:373)eti(cid:373)es leade(cid:396)s (cid:374)eed to (cid:396)esist i(cid:374)flue(cid:374)(cid:272)e of othe(cid:396)s to do (cid:449)hat"s (cid:271)est for company: organizational power p(cid:396)i(cid:373)a(cid:396)il(cid:455) de(cid:396)i(cid:448)es f(cid:396)o(cid:373) pe(cid:396)so(cid:374)"s positio(cid:374) Legitimate power a form of organizational power based on authority or position. Poor form of power to use regularly, can result in negative feelings. Personal power additional capabilities to influence others: expert power a form of organizational power based on expertise or knowledge on which others depend. Can be said of leaders who have good reputation, someone you want to emulate: this is more strongly related to organizational commitment and job performance. Leaders who perform important tasks and regularly interacts with others have greater ability to influence power: visibility how aware others are of a leader and the resources that leader can provide. Influence the use of behaviours to cause behavioural or attitudinal changes in others.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers