AFM121 Chapter Notes - Chapter 16: Total Return, High-Yield Debt, Asset Allocation

54 views5 pages

Document Summary

Levels vary as a result of changing market conditions or portfolio rebalancing. one to two years i. causes prices to fall: r is falling faster than g is falling during the stock market trough. interest-rate-driven rally in stock prices i. 5-13 months: r briefly rises faster than g during the expansionary phases. brief decline in stock prices i. six to nine months: g rises faster than r during the expansionary to peak phase. 5% cash, 20% fixed income, 75% equities: retired investor with no other source of income, a medium time horizon and low risk tolerance. 10% cash, 60% fixed income, 40% equities: middle-aged white-collar worker with reasonable investment knowledge and is concerned for providing for her children"s education and her own retirement. 10% cash, 30% fixed income, 60% equities: asset allocation can account for 80-90% of a portfolio"s total return, more critical than security selection and market timing decisions, three common styles employed by equity managers, growth managers (bottom-up)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers