AFM121 Chapter Notes - Chapter 11: Legal Personality, Limited Partnership, Corporate Tax

55 views10 pages

Document Summary

Basic forms of business ownership: proprietorship, proprietor is the owner and operator of the business, not a separate legal entity, owner has complete control and claim to profits, unlimited liability. Owner is personally responsible for all debts, losses, and obligations from business activity: capital generation restrictions, partnership. At least one partner responsible for day-to-day operations. At least one partner responsible for business debt and obligations. General partnership unlimited liability and usually joint and several liability. partners are jointly responsible for all obligations i. each partner is in turn responsible for all obligations on their own. Limited partnership at least one general partner responsible for running the business and faces unlimited liability. partner can not be involved with daily business activity i. liability is limited to the partner"s investment: corporations. Dominant form measured by dollar volumes of sales. possible tax benefits i. possible double taxation: corporate profits and dividend income. Owners face limited liability and can sue the corporation.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers