SOC 2760 Chapter Notes -Self-Control, Criminal Negligence, Stamen

32 views27 pages

Document Summary

Murder and references to killing are used in our everyday language (i. e. i"m going to murder you or our team is going to slaughter yours ) Also murder is all around us like in video games, books, the media, board games (i. e. clue) etc. Homicide survivors or co-victims refer to the family members and friends of murder victims. These people are not included in the victimization surveys by the fbi because then number of people included in this statistic would be over 28 million homicide survivors. In comparison to those that lose loved ones by accident, homicide survivors experience deeper and longer lasting trauma. Feelings of homicide survivors include: fear, anger, helplessness, survivors guilt, ptsd(more common in homicide survivors than losing a loved one by accident), rage, anxiety; physical symptoms: headaches, sleeping problems, loss of appetite and gastrointestinal problems. The stress of losing a child often results in divorce. Families torn when murderer and victim are related.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers