PSYC 379 Chapter Notes - Chapter 11: Publication Bias, Meta-Analysis, Covariate

43 views5 pages

Document Summary

Reading 2: the primary factors that characterize effective intervention ( lipsey, m. , 2009) with juvenile offenders: a meta-analytic overview. Previous meta-analyses have identified many intervention programs for reducing recidivism in juvenile offenders. Examines a variety of interventions and their effectives in one review - integrative or comprehensive meta-analysis. Two objectives: identify general factors associated with program effects and provide a comparative analysis of the effectiveness of different interventions. Categorize treatment that share an intervention philosophy: incorporate and examine juvenile justice control and supervision (not well examined in previous research) I. e. , intensive supervision, diversion, boot camps, group homes. Distinguish juvenile supervision (i. e. , incarceration, probation) from treatment (i. e. , counselling) Three categories of substantive factors associated with intervention effects: the intervention approach and type of treatment, quantity and quality of treatment, characteristics of juveniles receiving the treatment. Moderator variables: characteristics of the study methods: Weeks of exposure in the delinquency period. Outcomes were covariate was adjusted for pretest differences.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers