PSYC 102 Chapter Notes - Chapter 12: Egotism, Personal Construct Theory, Abraham Maslow

91 views8 pages

Document Summary

Individuals characteristic style of behaving, thinking and feeling. Explanations concerned with 2 things: prior events, can shape personality, study genes, brains and biological makeup, also go into subconscious and into circumstances/interpersonal surroundings, anticipated events, motivate person to reveal certain personality characteristics, emphasize own/subjective experience. I(cid:374)ti(cid:373)ate/perso(cid:374)al i(cid:374) refle(cid:272)tio(cid:374) of perso(cid:374)"s i(cid:374)(cid:374)er life: hopes, fears, aspirations. Henry murray: created tat, thought traits reflect motives. Core trait search: began with exploration of how personality is represented in language, used factor analysis, cattel had 16-factor theory, hans eysenck had model with 3 major traits, extraversion/neuroticism/psychoticism (impulsivity/hostility extent) Id: part of the mind containing the drives present at birth, source of bodily needs, wants, desires and impulses (sexual and aggressive, operates according to pleasure principle force that motivated tendency to seek immediate gratification of any impulse. By threats from unacceptable impulses: repression, rationalization, reaction formation, projection, regression, displacement.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers