CRIM 241 Chapter Notes - Chapter 5~6: Global Positioning System, Probation Officer, Parole Board

57 views5 pages

Document Summary

Provincial parole only in quebec and ontario. Probation is sentence(sentencing of outcome) but parole is not. Ex-offender negative environment to youth: once enter e(cid:374)(cid:448)i(cid:396)o(cid:374)(cid:373)e(cid:374)t (cid:373)akes ha(cid:396)d to (cid:272)ha(cid:374)ge youth (cid:272)(cid:396)i(cid:373)i(cid:374)al"s futu(cid:396)e (conditioned to the situation that is happening) Probation officer no immediate intervention when who were at crossroads youth record probation. Keep getting in trouble when intoxicated or drugged abuse history may exist. Disparate correctional strategies: bail supervision, fine option programs, probation, intermediate sanctions and electronic monitoring, parole, programs for offenders who served a period of confinement differences among those strategies confusion. Target: first-time, low-risk offender net widening: offenders who would release outright by police or not charged by crown. Some diversion programs are for specific offender (ex. drug related) and more serious offences. The community council program: aboriginal offenders responsibility to the aboriginal community, reduce recidivism, instill(establish) in offenders responsibility and accountability for their behaviour. Imprisonment for a term of up to two years.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers