PSYC 271 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6: Retinal Ganglion Cell, Optic Chiasm, Cyclic Guanosine Monophosphate

41 views11 pages

Document Summary

Visual illusions: things we are tricked into seeing that they are not. Vergence: keep image of target on the corresponding parts of both retinas (finger towards nose) Only movements in which angle between 2 eyes changes to keep i(cid:373)age o(cid:374) the reti(cid:374)a causes convergence. Convergence: eyes move inward so our eyes correspond to moving points and displayed on both retinas; greatest when inspecting close up. Movements keep the visual system in continual motion in the retina. Neurons respond to change; not steady input. We perceive the sum of these inputs from last few fixations. Temporal integration of i(cid:373)ages e(cid:454)plai(cid:374)s (cid:449)h(cid:455) i(cid:373)ages do(cid:374)"t disappear (cid:449)he(cid:374) (cid:449)e (cid:271)li(cid:374)k and why images we see are detailed and clear. Pursuit: maintains image of a moving object on the fovea. Accommodation: adjustment of lens to focus on objects. Binocular disparity: difference in position of the same image on different retinas; greater for close objects.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers