PSYC 221 Chapter Notes - Chapter 4: Change Blindness, Inattentional Blindness, Eye Tracking

69 views7 pages

Document Summary

Attention: the ability to focus on specific stimuli or locations. Selective attention: focusing attention on one specific stimulus. Overt attention: process of shifting attention by moving the eyes. Covert attention: process of shifting attention without moving the eyes. Divided attention: process of attending to two or more things at once. This can be overt, covert, or a combination of the two. (overt+overt or overt+covert). Millions of items are present to my senses which never properly enter my experience. Because withdrawal from some things in order to deal effectively with others. ~ william james. Recall colin cherry"s dichotic listening task and how this relates to attention. Shadowing: repeating an auditory message aloud. Recall donald broadbent"s early selection model of attention. they have no interest for me. My experience is what i agree to attend to. Sensory memory holds incoming information for a fraction of a second before moving it on to the next modality.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers