CRJS 2009 Chapter Notes - Chapter 7: Matthew Shepard, Cure Violence, List Of Rampage Killers

68 views5 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 7 stranger danger and violence in the streets. Most likely to be committed by strangers and in public = robbery, workplace violence, bank robbery, violent hate crimes, and street gang violence. Majority of all violent crimes, except for robberies, are committed by offenders known to the victims. 24% of homicides in which a circumstance had been identified were the result of another type of felony most of them robberies. Robberies are equally as likely to occur in daytime as nighttime: 4/10 occur at or near personal residence. Only 60% of robbery victims report victimization to police. Ncvs = 2/3 robbery victims engaged in self-protective action: can include appealing to or reasoning with offender. 1/3 sustained injuries as a result of victimization both male and female. Equally as likely to be injured as a result of robbery by unknown and known offenders. I(cid:374)fo a(cid:271)o(cid:448)e does (cid:374)ot i(cid:374)(cid:272)lude per(cid:272)e(cid:374)tage of ro(cid:271)(cid:271)eries that resulted i(cid:374) (cid:448)i(cid:272)ti(cid:373)"s death.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers