HRM1090 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Canada Labour Code, Canadian Human Rights Act, Parental Leave

324 views9 pages
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Chapter 1 - legal framework: there are 3 main sources of employment law in canada, statute law: legislation passed by the government, constitutional law: the canadian charter of rights and freedoms, common law: judge-made law. Statue law in depth: a statute is a law padded by the federal or provincial government (sometimes referred to as legislation or acts, ex. If i bill passes second reading through a vote in the legislature, it goes to a committee of the legislature. Committees may hear witnesses and consider the bill clause by clause before reporting back to the legislature. Changes may be made before the third reading. Chapter 1 - legal framework: third reading: afte(cid:396) this a (cid:448)ote is passed. O(cid:374)ta(cid:396)io"s e(cid:373)plo(cid:455)(cid:373)e(cid:374)t ta(cid:374)da(cid:396)d"s a(cid:272)t 2000 states that the(cid:396)e is a (cid:373)i(cid:374)i(cid:373)u(cid:373) (cid:449)age fo(cid:396) most occupations in ontario. They are made by government officials and published to ensure public awareness.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers