SOCI 3005 Chapter Notes - Chapter 7: Patricia Hill Collins, Ian Hacking, Islamophobia

38 views3 pages

Document Summary

Ian hacking, why ask what? , in the social construction of what? (cambridge: Patricia hill collins, the social construction of black feminist thought. signs: Journal of women in culture and society 14:4 (1989), 745-773. This weeks readings on social construction were an eye-opener for me personally. Ian hacking"s piece was well written in my opinion to deal with different aspects of social constructionism and its applicability in both social and natural sciences. This year"s election campaign had one particular social construct, which was the center of attention: It also got me thinking, why is that these social phenomena exist in societies and not yet other. Its not like, islamophobia didn"t exist before 9/11 or before the emergence of taliban or al-qaeda, it can be predated to when islam actually came into existence as a religion. In similar fashion, we can assume that a lot of social constructs can be predated to when those objects have had existed.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers