FIT2089 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Wireless Lan, List Of Countries By Number Of Broadband Internet Subscriptions, Technological Convergence

84 views1 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 1: wireless communications has become ubiquitous today and is quickly becoming the standard in the business world. Remote wireless internet connections and entire wireless computer networks are making many network-based business activities faster and more convenient: there are many different types of wireless networks and devices. Home users can implement wlans to connect different devices. Bluetooth and wigig are being implemented on consumer devices, making it possible to connect many different types of home audio and video equipment over short distances. Wlans are also becoming the standard in business networks. Fixed broadband wireless is used to transmit data at various distances, and satellite transmissions can send data around the world. Many of today"s wireless (cid:272)o(cid:373)(cid:373)u(cid:374)i(cid:272)atio(cid:374)s te(cid:272)h(cid:374)ologies play a(cid:374) i(cid:373)porta(cid:374)t part i(cid:374) e(cid:374)a(cid:271)li(cid:374)g digital convergence, with smartphones, tablets, and computers being able to provide voip (voice) and video calls, as well as stream music, movies, and tv programs from the.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers