[MGT 4394] - Midterm Exam Guide - Everything you need to know! (15 pages long)

128 views15 pages
5 Oct 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Mgt: lecture 1: conducting a case study a. May not be readily apparent: value chain analysis a. Inbound logistics storing and receiving of products (food cost, etc. ) a. i. Farm to table, eco friendly, social media, etc. b. iv. Technological online ordering, online check-in, etc: five forces analysis, competitive rivalry (affected by the following) a. i. Threats: competitive rivalry goal of the huge and growing hospitality industry, strategic thinking in hospitality, 4 constituents (5 forces analysis similarity) a. i. Airline indusry & hospitality industry: coalignment model b. i. Firm structure resource allocation process and governance b. v. firm performance evaluation and forecasting b. v. 1. Main question: was value-added: mission statement why a business exists, vision statement future-oriented; where the business is headed, mission and vision statements should be similarly focused and coherent. Strategic management lecture #4: strategic thinking conclusion, operations collection of resources a. i. Competitive advantage through effective use of resources: organizational, general organizational resources a. i. Brand names & ip a. ii. 1. a. ii. 2. a. ii. 3. a. ii. 4.