MGT 3304- Midterm Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 16 pages long!)

88 views16 pages
11 Oct 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Mgt3304-chapter 11: managing individual differences & behavior supervising people as people. Personality- consists of the stable psychological traits and behavioral attributes that give a person his or her identity. Don"t hire based on personality tests alone. Be alert for gender, racial and ethnic bias. Graphology tests don"t work: proactive personality- someone who is more apt to take initiative and persevere to influence the environment. Self-efficacy- i can/can"t do this task - the belief in one"s personal ability to do a task. Learned helplessness- the debilitating lack of faith in one"s ability to control one"s environment. Self-esteem- i like/dislike myself - the extent to which people like or dislike themselves, their overall self-evaluation. People with high self esteem are more apt to handle failure better, emphasize on positive, take more risks and chose more unconventional jobs. People with low self esteem focus on weaknesses and have negative thoughts.