[ACCT I S 100] - Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam (93 pages long!)

504 views93 pages

Document Summary

Time value of money prefer to receive money today rather than the same amount in the future because of the interest factor: interest is the difference between the amount borrowed (the principal) and the amount repaid. The amount of interest depends on: principal (p) the original amount borrowed, interest rate (i) annual percentage of principal, time (n) the number of year principal is borrowed. Simple interest computed on the principal amount only: interest = p * i * n. Compound interest computed on the principal plus any interest earned that has not been paid: so the interest is computed on the accumulated balance every year. Present value of an annuity: the value now of a series of future receipts/payments, discounted with compound interest. Need to know the 1) discount rate, 2) number of discount periods & 3)the amount of payments/receipts: when the amount is the same each period you can use table 4 on page d-10 for the present.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers