POLS 330 Study Guide - Signing Statement, George W. Bush, Fourteenth Amendment To The United States Constitution

26 views2 pages
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

P o l i t i c a l s c i e n c e 3 3 0. 8 - n o v - 1 0: examples of presidential signing statements under george w. bush. Presidential signing statements (cont: various statutes, especially those dealing with foreign affairs, intelligence, and national security, received. Obama, in the 2008 election, condemned the use of signing statements. After he took office, obama indicated that he would review bush"s signing statements but continued to use his discretion in whether or not he would issue his own. Others, like arlen spector, criticize the white house for continuing to utilize these signing statements. They were never intended to apply to the states. The supreme court ruled as much in barron v. city of baltimore (1833). John marshall"s court decided that the takings clause of the 5th amendment did not apply to the states. This only changed with the 14th amendment and the doctrine of incorporation.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers