POLS 102 Study Guide - Final Guide: Dmitry Medvedev, Gender Inequality Index, Deng Xiaoping

180 views16 pages

Document Summary

In what ways did absolutism form the foundation of russian government from the. Opened up freedom to travel, freedom for the press, exposed government corruption: perestroika b. i. b. ii. b. iii. Open up russian economy to raise quality of goods produced. Chinese politics: what events preceded the chinese revolution (think 1700-1912, sense of isolation, before this, chinese traders and economic interactions. Meant to collectivize agriculture - kills millions through starvation (communes) d. ii. Agriculture incentives after death: cultural revolution e. i. More intellectual than great leap forward e. ii. e. iii. e. iv. e. v. Attempt by mao to reeducate population on values of maoism. 2,100 representatives of 75 million members a. ii. a. iii. a. iv. Sign off on on party directives and choose leaders every 5 years. Elect central committee - ratify choices of party leaders: central party congress b. i. b. ii. b. iii. b. iv. Endorses the choices given to its members: politburo c. i. c. ii. c. iii. c. iv. Core leaders - retire at age of 70: standing committee d. i. d. ii.