GEOG 101 Final: GeographyreviewguidefinalFILLED

127 views15 pages

Document Summary

South asia, why are fertility rates falling in south asia? a. i. a. ii. a. iii. a. iv. Urbanization - reduce economic incentive to have a large family. Better assurance that babies will survive to adulthood: explain the missing female phenomenon and explain the factors that contribute. Cultural customs - sons more likely to contribute to family"s income to this b. i. b. ii. Selective abortions, preference for sons: provide an example of a name change in india of a city or river c. i. Calcutta changed to kolkata, bombay to mumbai, ganges river to. Ganga: why are these names changed? d. i. d. ii. Seasonal reversal of winds: describe the monsoon and describe its outcomes for farmers and urban dwellers f. i. f. ii. f. iii. f. iv. f. v. f. vi. Summer/june - moisture from ocean deposited over india and. Bangladesh winter (nov) - cool, dry air blows south. Droughts or too much water: define human-environment interactions g. i. studies how humans interact with and affect the environment. g. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers