CFS 240 Study Guide - Medieval Commune, Mania, Masters And Johnson

44 views6 pages
30 Oct 2014
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Chapter 8 love and communication in intimate relationships: love is a feeling (think, feel, behave) If you"re in a loving relationship there are no conditions. Romantic/passionate love state of extreme absorption/desire for union with another. Because of neurotransmitters (p. e. a. : companionate/intimate love long-termed selflessness, caring, and compassion with the expectation of reciprocity. This is more of a walk than a sprint. You get back to life, sex decreases, and your sense of security increases. 75% of women would rather cuddle than have sex. i. ii. iii. iv. psychological balanced, meaningful intellectual - compatible with reality behavioral - allows individualism & autonomy biological - controlled passion. Hormones come into play here and balance neurotransmitters. c. d. e. Zick rubin"s 3 components of love attachment desire for physical presence & emotional support caring concern for the others well-being intimacy desire for close, confidential communication i. ii. iii. i. ii. iii. Full triangle makes up love, you have done all 3 steps.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers