HDF 351 Study Guide - Quiz Guide: John Bowlby, Psychology Today, Attachment In Adults

139 views5 pages

Document Summary

Study guide & discussion questions: attachment and infant caregiving: text, pp. 26-23 infants, mothers & fathers: know the following terms: epigenesis, specificity principle, transactional principle. Epigenesis thy hypothesis that new phenomena not present in the original fertilized egg can emerge over the course of development through the interaction of preexisting elements with environmental influences. Specificity principle states that specific forms of parenting at specific times shape specific infant abilities in specific ways. Pare(cid:374)ts" dire(cid:272)t i(cid:374)flue(cid:374)(cid:272)es o(cid:374) i(cid:374)fa(cid:374)ts refle(cid:272)t ge(cid:374)eti(cid:272) i(cid:374)herita(cid:374)(cid:272)e a(cid:374)d pare(cid:374)tal (cid:271)eha(cid:448)ior. The father could have an indirect effect on an infant due to his relationship with the mother. 11 infant social development in the family: know the following terms: dyadic vs. extradyadic interactions, person permanence, goal- corrected partnership. Dyadic interactions interactions that, for the infant, have their focus on mother and baby. Extradyadic interactions interactions in which the parent encourages the child to examine some property, object or event in the environment.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers