[HDF 313] - Midterm Exam Guide - Ultimate 33 pages long Study Guide!

119 views33 pages

Document Summary

History of the field from folk knowledge to scientific study. Started the interest to study humans and development. Genetic inheritance to develop in certain ways. Arnold gessell was a student of his. Hypothesis takes a theoretical perspective and forms a statement explaining observation. Theories of development vary in their ideas about what influences development. What is the role of biology: o(cid:373)e theories are o(cid:374)ly i(cid:374)terested i(cid:374) (cid:271)iology, what"s o(cid:374) the i(cid:374)side. What is the role of experience: experience/environment has an impact. Is development continuous: stage theories, continuous theories. 8 stages birth through lifespan (cid:862)(cid:272)rises(cid:863) or (cid:272)o(cid:374)fli(cid:272)ts (cid:271)etwee(cid:374) e(cid:373)otio(cid:374)al (cid:374)eeds a(cid:374)d so(cid:272)ial experience. Active construction of knowledge and understanding through exploration and experiences. Active construction of knowledge and understanding through social interaction (cultural) modeling, demonstration, and teaching. Development in genetic active construction of knowledge and understanding through development of memory. Characteristics present to a greater or lesser extent depending on brain development: environment.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers