PSYCH 255 Study Guide - Quiz Guide: Gustav Fechner, Psychophysics, Psychometric Function

91 views2 pages
6 Apr 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Quiz 2 study guide: i"ll ask you to define the doctrine of specific nerve energies, and let me know who discovered it. Gustav fechner; theory to describe the relationship between sensation (mind) and energy (matter) that gave rise to that sensation. Study of the mathematical relationship between physical quantities (light, molecules, pressure) and psychological quantities (brightness, saltiness, heaviness: i"ll ask you to define absolute threshold. The smallest amount of stimulus/ minimum intensity you can just barely notice/ detect: i"ll ask you to give two examples of commonsense absolute thresholds (these are listed in the book and in supplement c). Vision: stars at night/ candle flame 30 miles away on a dark, clear night. Hearing: a ticking watch 20 feet away with no other noises. Vestibular: a tilt of less than half a minute on a clock face. Taste: a teaspoon of sugar in 2 gallons of water. Smell: a drop of perfume in 3 rooms.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers