STATS 250 Study Guide - Final Guide: Type I And Type Ii Errors, Sample Size Determination, Confidence Interval

222 views3 pages
20 Jul 2016
School
Department
Course
jessieho and 37662 others unlocked
STATS 250 Full Course Notes
STATS 250 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
49 documents

Document Summary

Being a stats 250 tutor for close to 4 years, i compiled some final exam review notes. These are definitions and helpful formulas that students often get confused about during final exams. 95% confidence level: with repeated sampling, we can say with 95% confidence that the population mean falls within the resulting confidence intervals 95% of the time, on average. Confidence interval: we estimate the population mean of all populations is between ( ,) with 95% confidence. If study repeated many times and if null is true, we would reject null hypothesis in (type i error/ alpha) of the repetitions. P-value: if study repeated many times and null true, we would see a test statistic as large or larger than what we observed. Make sure you know the assumptions: sample mean, population mean, 2 pop mean, pop proportion, 2 pop proportion. Test statistic = how many standard errors the sample mean is away from the population mean.