RST 100- Midterm Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 112 pages long!)

69 views112 pages

Document Summary

Presence of rst events/ facilities help communities attract businesses. Incredible amount of attention given to this concept. In most ways my life is close to my ideal. So far i have gotten the important things i want in life. If i could live my life over, i would change almost nothing. Things that can interfere w/ childrens play. Important to communicate the intention that this is play . Play frames help us know that it is play. Jokes can become an insult, a tease hurts. Allocentric - tourists who like to try new things, dont like things to being organized/ planned, don"t return to same destination, adventurous. Individuals seek activities + experiences that gratify their need for sensation. Overtime motivation becomes more about social and escape reasons while self image reasons remain constant. Threshold, transitional stage from everyday to outside the everyday. Schole - use free time wisely for oneself, desireable.