ME 330 Study Guide - Final Guide: Hydrogen Bond, Micrograph, Atomic Packing Factor

19 views12 pages

Document Summary

I pledge that i have not given nor received help on this exam. Question 1 (16 pts): select the correct answer or answer questions posed [2 points per question] What is the property of a material that is the ability to absorb energy and plastically deform before fracturing: yield strength, toughness, ductility, hardness, resilience. What types of defects are shown in the photomicrograph: vacancies, dislocations, grain boundaries, voids, slip lines. The accompanying figure represents the net bonding force between two atoms. The ability of a solid material to exist in more than one form or crystal structure is termed: binary, isomorphous, polymorphism, amorphous, eutectic. For a 50 wt% pb-50 wt% mg alloy, make schematic sketches of the microstructure that would be observed for conditions of very slow cooling at the following temperatures: 600 c, 500 c and 400 c. Label all phases and indicate their approximate compositions.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers