GEA 3600 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: W. E. B. Du Bois, Pan Africanist Congress Of Azania, Great Barrington, Massachusetts

45 views7 pages

Document Summary

The word africanist can mean a variety of things but the definition i am utilizing is a. W. e. b dubois strand of african nationalism and activism against apartheid in south africa associated with the. Pan africanist congress. the africanist i am selecting is william edward burghardt du bois, also known as w. e. b. Throughout his life, du bois was known as a prominent leader in pan africanism, which is recognized as a movement that has a goal of reinforcing bonds between all people of african descent. Aside from being a pan-africanist, he was a sociologist, author, historian, and activist, but one of his more important accomplishments was co-founding the naacp and being an influential leader in pan-africanism. I chose to write about du bois because he focused on and studied some topics that i find particularly intriguing and see myself utilizing in my future career such as civil rights law.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers