[ACCT 2101] - Midterm Exam Guide - Ultimate 15 pages long Study Guide!

204 views15 pages
7 Feb 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor
pinklion394 and 2 others unlocked
ACCT 2101 Full Course Notes
ACCT 2101 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
22 documents

Document Summary

Managerial accounting is the process of identifying, measuring, analyzing, interpreting, and (cid:272)o(cid:373)(cid:373)u(cid:374)i(cid:272)ati(cid:374)g i(cid:374)for(cid:373)atio(cid:374) i(cid:374) pursuit of a(cid:374) orga(cid:374)izatio(cid:374)"s goals. The day to day work of the management team includes: decision making: Accountants must make the best possible decision out of all available alternatives: planning: Accountants must develop a detailed financial and operational description of anticipated operations in order to plan for the future: directing operational activities: Accountants are involved in running the organization on a day to day basis: controlling: Accountants ensure that the organization operates in the intended manner and achieves its goals. Managerial accounting activity comprises a set of tools, systems, and perspectives that add value to an organization by supporting five major objectives: providing information for decision making and planning. Measuring, managing, and continually improving operational activities are critical to an orga(cid:374)izatio(cid:374)"s su(cid:272)(cid:272)ess: assisting managers in directing and controlling operational activities.