LIFESCI 2 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Homeostasis, Atrioventricular Node, Aorta

89 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

20% of which is plasma: circulatory system, consists of a pump (heart), a fluid (blood) and a series of conduits (blood vessels), functions: b. i. transport b. i. 1. Nutrients, oxygen, wastes and other substances around the body to maintain homeostasis: heart c. i. c. ii. Brings blood fro brings deoxygenated blood from the heart to the lungs where it becomes oxygenated back to the heart c. iii. Brings oxygenated blood from the heart to the body, where it becomes deoxygenated, back to the heart c. iv. Systemic circuit always receives blood with higher o2 content c. iv. 3. Allow pulmonary and systemic circuits to operate at different pressures c. v. Atrioventricular valves between atria and ventricles of both sides c. v. 2. Pulmonary valve between right ventricle and pulmonary artery c. v. 3. Aortic valve between left ventricle and aorta c. vi. Both sides of the heart contract at the same time- first the atria, then the ventricles, then relaxation c. vi. 2. Rhythmic contraction and relaxation of the ventricles are called cardiac cycle.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers