OCTH 205 Study Guide - Final Guide: Endorphins, Myofascial Trigger Point, Iridology

48 views25 pages

Document Summary

Established in 1991; a division of the national institutes of health (nih)mission was to explore cam through rigorous science and provide information to the public about safety and effectiveness. There was and continues to be controversy about how rigorous the research is and how relevant these. Those treatments and healthcare practices not taught widely in medical schools, not generally used in hospitals, a(cid:374)d (cid:374)ot usuall(cid:455) (cid:396)ei(cid:373)(cid:271)u(cid:396)sed (cid:271)(cid:455) (cid:373)edi(cid:272)al i(cid:374)su(cid:396)a(cid:374)(cid:272)e (cid:272)o(cid:373)pa(cid:374)ies(cid:863) Alternative therapies used in place of conventional medicine. Ex: i get a diagnosis of cancer and i decide to use acupuncture instead of getting surgery and/or drug therapy and radiation. Complementary therapies/medicine used together with conventional medicine. Ex: i take the drugs and radiation and also try acupuncture. Integrative combines conventional treatment with cam treatments that have a high level of documented effectiveness through research. My treatment plan for cancer includes drugs, radiation, acupuncture, and other cam approaches.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers