BIOL 4376 Study Guide - Final Guide: Hypermagnesemia, Tacrolimus, Hypomagnesemia

15 views4 pages
29 Jul 2020
Department
Course

Document Summary

Necessary cofactor in physiologic functions utilizing atp. Primarily found in bone, muscle, and soft tissue. Kidneys excrete, reabsorbed in loop of henle and tubules. Gi losses: vomiting, diarrhea, drug- induced from ppis (omeprazole) Renal loss: loop diuretics (i. e. furosemide), cyclosporine, tacrolimus. Troponins i and t - allows cardiac muscle to contract. Cardiomyopathy: diseases that cause the heart muscle to be enlarged, thick, or rigid; causes include htn, etoh/cocaine abuse. Drug-induced cardiotoxicity (i. e. doxorubicin, fluorouracil [chemotherapy drugs]) Found in cardiac muscle; involved in cellular energy storage and transfer, sensitive marker of cardiac injury. Causes include viruses (flu, hiv, herpes), bacteria (chlamydia, gonorrhea), etoh/cocaine abuse. 12 leads created a 3d view of cardiac electrical activity. Image of depolarization/repolarization of atrial and ventricular cells that can be assessed by reviewing waves and intervals. Measure of the time between the start of q wave and the end of t wave. Prolonged qtc interval raises the risk of ventricular arrhythmias.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers