HIST 442 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Treaty 1, Modernism, Appeasement

41 views7 pages

Document Summary

Imposed harsh conditions and restrictions against those defeated. Victors would essentially be world police against those violating treaty: britain & france, hitler and germany wanted regain former social recognition in world i. ii. Launched re-armament in 1936: french vote against use of intervention, violation i. ii. iii. Secured much of the resources they needed to sustain a continuous force possibly eliminated hitler"s chance to acquire food, energy and other needed resources that fueled their war machine. Instead chamberlain and company allowed hitler and the nazi"s to expand their empire little by little at a time g. i. i. Nationalist/militarist movement: wanted to make japan empire great again , showa restoration. Drives military into politics: japan had a large energy insecurity problem, must secure energy resources to expand their industrial power, china has a lot of coal, dutch east indies has oil. Instigate manchurian incident 1931: places troops in manchuria, later manchukuo.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers