Course
Professor
Math 285
Final Exam, May 5, 2008
Name:
SU ID Number:
CIRCLE the name of your Instructor: McDermott Perkins Pirrone
PLEASE READ
1. Place all your work on these sheets. Do not add any sheets to this exam.
2. This test is a closed-l:ook, closed-notes test. You mây use a Casio, 'II-83, TI-84, 1'I-85 or a
TI-86 glaphing calculator orr this exam. You may NOT use any other calculator nor lrlay you
use another studcnt's calculator. Your calculator should be in radian mode
3. Answers without supporting work or reasons will receive no credit. Label answers and
give units when appropriate.
4. Plea.se tuln off all cell phones and other sound devices, and remove all headphones.
5. There aro 10 problems (with parts) and 12 pages to this exam including this cover page and a
blank page for scratclt work. Be sure that you have all pages CHECK NOIV!
Proì¡lem PaAe Possible Score
2 8
2.) 8
451u
56l)
6 10
8t0 I
I11 8
10 11 IO
Total 100
Unlock document

This preview shows pages 1-3 of the document.
Unlock all 12 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in
1. [ 8 Points ] Thc populatioìl of a bacteria colony is increa.sing exponentiaìly. The colony starts
out with 200 bacteria. After two hours, the population ís 300.
(a) (3 points) Find the growth equàtion for the bacteria population. Give k to four decimaì
places.
(b) (3 points) How long does it take for the population to tr\;le'i Give answer to the nearest
terrth of a,n hour.
(c) (2 points) Find the population after 24 houls.
Unlock document

Name
2. [ 8 Points ] The graph of the function /(z) is pictured below,
(a) (4 points) Using the above gral:h, Ênd the fblÌowing limits. If a limit does not exist, then
write DNE.
'!l' /(") :
,,'tlr/(") -
l5 /(') :
-llT,/(,):
(b) (2 points) Circle the z-value(s) where /(r) is continuous:
(c) (2 points) Circle the r-value(s) whele /(r) is difierentiable:
-2 -1
-2 -1
Unlock document

eringoldfish336 and 1 other unlocked
MAT 285 Full Course Notes
MAT 285 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
8 documents

Document Summary

Circle the name of your instructor: mcdermott perkins pirrone. Please read: place all your work on these sheets. Do not add any sheets to this exam: this test is a closed-l:ook, closed-notes test. You m y use a casio, "ii-83, ti-84, 1"i-85 or a. You may not use any other calculator nor lrlay you use another studcnt"s calculator. Your calculator should be in radian mode: answers without supporting work or reasons will receive no credit. Be sure that you have all pages check noiv! 100: [ 8 points ] thc populatio l of a bacteria colony is increa. sing exponentia ly. After two hours, the population s 300. (a) (3 points) find the growth equ tion for the bacteria population. Name (a) (4 points) using the above gral:h, nd the fbl owing limits. If a limit does not exist, then write dne. Llt,/(,): (b) (2 points) circle the z-value(s) where /(r) is continuous: