1-11 55= 11x5
12 10
%100
HAND IN PART
NAME: Solutions
PIN: 17
INSTRUCTIONS
This exam comes in two parts.
(1) HAND-IN PART. Hand-in only this part.
(2) NOT TO HAND-IN PART. This part will not be collected. Take this part home to learn from and to check
your answers when the solutions are posted.
On Problem 0, fill in the blanks. As you know, if you do not make at least half of the points on Problem 0, then
your score for the entire exam will be whatever you made on Problem 0.
For problems >11, to receive credit you MUST:
(1) work in a logical fashion, show all your work, indicate your reasoning;no credit will be given
for an answer that just appears; such explanations help with partial credit
(2) if a line/box is provided, then:
— show you work BELOW the line/box
— put your answer on/in the line/box
(3) if no such line/box is provided, then box your answer.
The mark box above indicates the problems (check that you have them all) along with their points.
Upon request, you will be given as much (blank) scratch paper as you need.
During the exam, the use of unauthorized materials is prohibited. Unauthorized materials include: books, electronic
devices, any device with which you can connect to the internet, and personal notes. Unauthorized materials
(including cell phones) must be in a secured (e.g. zipped up, snapped closed) bag placed completely under your
desk or, if you did not bring such a bag, given to Prof. Girardi to hold for you during the exam (and they will be
returned when you leave the exam). This means no electronic devices (such as cell phones) allowed in your pockets.
At a student’s request, I will project my watch upon the projector screen.
During this exam, do not leave your seat unless you have permission. If you have a question, raise your hand.
When you finish: turn your exam over, put your pencil down and ✿✿✿
raise
✿✿✿✿✿
your ✿✿✿✿
hand.
This exam covers (from Calculus by Thomas, 13th
Unlock document

This preview shows pages 1-3 of the document.
Unlock all 10 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in
Unlock document

Unlock document

Document Summary

17: this exam comes in two parts. Hand-in only this part. (2) not to hand-in part. Take this part home to learn from and to check your answers when the solutions are posted: on problem 0, ll in the blanks. Unauthorized materials include: books, electronic devices, any device with which you can connect to the internet, and personal notes. This means no electronic devices (such as cell phones) allowed in your pockets. At a student"s request, i will project my watch upon the projector screen: during this exam, do not leave your seat unless you have permission. If you have a question, raise your hand. When you nish: turn your exam over, put your pencil down and raise your hand: this exam covers (from calculus by thomas, 13th ed. , et): 10. 7-10. 10 and 11. 1 11. 2 . I understand that it is the responsibility of every member of the carolina community to uphold and maintain the university of south carolina"s honor code.