01:830:377 Study Guide - Final Guide: Support Group, Respite Care, Therapeutic Irrigation

67 views7 pages

Document Summary

Final exam study guide new material (complete) This is intended to be a guide only. You are responsible for all of the lecture material and assigned reading material. Only about 23% were bale to complete their opening statements: simon: 23 seconds before patient get interrupted, what were the results of levinson et al. "s (1997) study of physicians" communication style and litigation? a. Levinson et al: comparison of communication style between ever-sued and never-sued physicians a. i. Found: less likely to get sued if a. i. 1. a. i. 2. a. i. 3. a. i. 4. Had longer visits (avg 18. 3 minutes w/ patients) More likely to orient patient to what they should expect. Partnership style: ask patient opinion: what is medspeak, medical jargon; specialized or technical language, how well do average patients understand the terms frequently used by physicians (e. g. , health & hospitals network, 2008; samora et al. , 1961): health and hospitals network a. i. 78% people discharged from er did not understand discharge instructions a. ii.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers