PSYCH 260 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Fokker E.Ii, Direct Manipulation Interface, Neuropsychology

126 views2 pages

Document Summary

Psych 260 study guide: exam 1: lesson 1, biopsychology a. i. The study of influence of biological systems on behaviors, emotion and mental process a. ii. How biological systems affect and create change (or not) on behaviors, emotion, and mental process: physiological psychology b. i. The study of neural mechanisms of perception and behavior through direct manipulation of the brain (nonhuman) b. ii. How the physical parts of the brain work together to create behaviors or perceptions; experiments are always on animals b. iii. Removal of hippocampus in rats to study the effects of memory tasks (lesion: psychopharmacology c. i. The study of the effects that drugs have on mood, sensation, thinking, and behavior; experiments begin with animals and move to humans c. ii. How drugs (prescription and otc) affect the way that you perceive, think, feel and behave; begins with animals then humans c. iii. Impact of ach drugs designed to assist alzheimer"s patients: neuropsychology d. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers