PSYCH 238 Study Guide - Quiz Guide: Conscientiousness, Karen Horney, Determinism

59 views6 pages
30 Jan 2014
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

12 february 2013: validity, reliability, & bias i. ii. Validity- test measures what it is supposed to measure. Reliability- test yields the same reasons over time; ex. test - re-test development. Ex. conformation bias, social desirability: varieties of measures; advantages & disadvantages i. ii. *disadvantage: intrusive to the environment: freud"s structure of the mind: id, ego, & super ego. i. Psychosexual stages of development: oral stage (0-1 year): stimulation satisfying mouth orientated fixation. Ex. sucking, biting, and breast- feeding: anal stage (1-3 years): child is fully aware they are a person and their own right and wishes can bring them into conflict with the demands of the outside world. Ex. potty training, anal-retentive: phallic stage (3-6 years): child is aware of sex differences. Oedipus complex: boy tries to possess mother and replace father; represses his feelings and imitates masculine & dad-like behaviors.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers